Most people always wash raw chicken meat before cooking. The reason is to clean meat.
In fact it wrong habit. Wash raw chicken meat does not kill germs at all, even at risk of spreading the bacteria to the surface of kitchen furniture, clothing and utensils you.
According to the study, many people do not realize that washing raw poultry can spread bacteria and increase the risk of food poisoning in the body. The bacteria in question is campylobacter. These bacteria become one of the most common causes of food poisoning a person experiencing.
In addition to campylobacter, raw chicken meat also potentially contain other bacteria such as Salmonella, E. coli, and enterococcus.
Infected danger Campylobacter
When infected with the bacteria campylobacter, which will be felt symptoms are abdominal pain and diarrhea. Symptoms appear two to five days after the bacteria enter the body. The condition can cause complications if infected persons are children, the elderly, or those with low immune systems such as HIV and cancer.
Complications that can occur as a result of campylobacter infections are:
- Infection spreads to other organs such as the joints, liver and pancreas.
- Blood poisoning or septicemia.
- Miscarriage in pregnant women.
Guillain-Barre syndrome (a rare disorder that causes damage to the nervous system).
Usually mild cases can be treated at home without needing medical treatment. However, the doctor immediately if you experience these symptoms:
- Vomiting more than two days or there is blood in the vomit.
- Diarrhea for more than three days or there is blood in your stool.
- Double vision.
- Slurred speech.
- Mental changes.
- Signs of dehydration such as dry mouth, sunken eyes, lack of urination.
Raw Chicken Meat Processing Tips
Chicken meat contains high protein and many vitamins, such as vitamin A, vitamin B3, vitamin B5, vitamin B6 and useful to the body. Do not let the “uninvited guests” go into your body. The following could be the tips that can be useful in cooking and storing meat chicken is still raw.
- Wash your hands thoroughly using soap and warm water before and after touching raw chicken meat and cookware. Use a clean towel to dry hands and turning the tap is closed.
- Raw chicken meat does not need to be rinsed with water because all the bacteria would die during the cooking process. Wash meat will only increase the risk of the spread of bacteria.
- You should have a separate cooking utensils for raw meat in order to manage the bacteria did not participate spread to other foods, such as vegetables and fruits.
- Raw chicken meat should be cooked until done, do not leave the meat is still pink.
- Make sure all parts inspected maturity, especially in the legs. The section requires the longest time than others.
- Storage of raw chicken meat must be considered. Always store in a clean container and sealed.
- If you want to defrost frozen chicken meat, preferably thawed in the refrigerator rather than silence in the
- kitchen area. You can also dilute it by soaking in cold water if the meat is in the plastic packaging.
- Raw chicken meat can usually last two to three days. But if it smells, then the meat could not be consumed.
Activities washing food are not always useful in getting rid of germs. Strive to cook your food to perfection because this is the most effective way.
Source : http://www.alodokter.com/berbahaya-jangan-cuci-daging-ayam-mentah